I love baking for my dogs and giving them homemade dog treats is the best! This recipe is one of their favorites. It is such a quick and easy dog treat recipe that will leave your dog wanting more and I hope you will have fun making them.
This is a cookie cutter recipe and I found some really cute dog bone and dog paw shaped cookie cutters online, but you can use whatever cookie cutter shape you like. Hearts might be fun for Valentine’s Day.
This recipe usually takes me about 50 minutes to an hour to complete from start to finish.
- 2/3 cups of canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup unsalted peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (much healthier than white flour)
I like to use organic ingredients when available although this recipe will work with the ingredients you have available.
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Beat the canned pumpkin, unsalted peanut butter, and eggs together in a large mixing bowl using an electric beater on medium-high. You want to make sure these ingredients are mixed together very well.
- Slowly mix in the flour one cup at a time until the mixture is not sticky. You may want to add the last cup 1/4 cup at a time.
- Place mixture on a flat, floured surface.
- You will need to knead the mixture a few times.
- Roll out to a thickness of ¼”.
- Using your cookie cutters cut your treats into your desired shapes and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet or silicone baking mat.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. The longer you cook the treats the crunchier they will be.
- Make sure the treats are completely cooled before feeding them to your dog.
Please let us know if you made these for your dogs and how they liked them in the comments below.