Why Choose a Professional Pet Sitter?
So you have decided to take that much-needed vacation. Or maybe you need to travel for business. What do you do with your beloved pets? You could impose on friends, family or neighbors. You could send your pets off to a strange boarding facility. Or you could hire a professional pet sitter.
A professional pet sitter is just that, a professional. They have the experience and training to make sure your pets get the best care possible and your pet never has to leave the comfort of their own home.
What are the benefits of hiring a pet sitter?
- You may want to go on vacation, but your pets will usually be happier staying in their own environment.
- Your pets get to stay on their normal diet and exercise routine.
- You limit your pet’s exposure to illnesses.
- Your mail, newspapers, and packages are taken in so that your house looks lived in and not like you are away.
- You don’t have to impose on your friends, family or neighbors.
Why should you hire a professional pet sitter?
- Caring for your pets is their first priority.
- They have experience and training in working with all types of pets.
- They are experienced in dealing with all types of pet personalities and will be knowledgeable in helping your pet feel relaxed and happy in your absence.
- They can tell if your pet needs veterinary care.
- They have the training to administer medications to your pet if needed.
- They are experienced in recognizing and avoiding situations that may be potentially dangerous for your pet.
What to look for when choosing your professional pet sitter:
The person you are considering hiring should have the following:
- A business license for your county.
- Bonding to protect against theft and liability insurance in case there is an accident.
- Back up in case they have an emergency and cannot make it to your home.
- A detailed contract which includes pricing and services.
Things to ask your pet sitter:
- What kind of training have they completed, such as pet first aid/CPR courses?
- Will they come to your house before your departure to meet you and your pets?
- How will they communicate with you in your absence?
- Are they a member of a professional association such as Pet Sitters International?
- What other services do they offer, such as mail and package retrieval, light rotation and plant watering?
So, if you decide that hiring a pet sitter is right for you and your pets make sure you hire a professional pet sitter.
Even if you don’t have a trip planned for the near future start your search well in advance. You want to make sure you and your pet sitter are a good fit and that you feel comfortable leaving your pets in their care.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be very grateful if you would share it with a friend.
Here are a couple of ways to locate the perfect professional pet sitter for you:
Pet Sitters International and Angie’s List.
Did you find this article helpful? If you would like to learn more about our pet sitting services please contact us.
Click here to like us on Facebook.
Please tell me that youre heading to keep this up! Its so great and so important. I cant wait to read a lot more from you. I just feel like you know so substantially and know how to make people listen to what you might have to say. This blog is just too cool to become missed. Terrific stuff, genuinely. Please, PLEASE keep it up!
Office 365 Support
You got my attention when you said that professional pet sitters have are experienced in keeping your pet relaxed and happy when you’re away. My Labrador is an anxious dog, so I can’t help but worry about her because I have to leave the country for 3 days. It’s important for me to make sure that he will feel loved and cared for while I’m away to prevent him from getting anxiety attacks, so I will be sure to hire a pet sitter.
It’s a great piece of a detailed procedure about the benefits of hiring a pet sitter. You have pointed out some valid points exceptionally well. As a pet owner, I believe that professional pet sitters are serious about their job and they are serious about taking excellent care of your pet and your home. They are bonded, insured, and trained in emergency first aid & Pet CPR. Many professionals have completed continuing education and received certifications to ensure your home and your beloved pet is well taken care of. Thanks for sharing!